måndag 23 mars 2009

Child´s play

On Sunday I realised I am probably the only mother at my son's
daycare who doesn't take him to different activities every evening/ weekend so we went to football school on Sunday for the first time and he really liked it, and of course a few of his mates from the daycare were there. I spoke a little to the parents and they discussed if their children should have 2, 3 or 4 activities a week or if that was too much. How can a child of 4 have three or more activities a week? And how can a child at that age know if that is what he/she wants to do? It seems more as if it is the parents' wishes that are forming the decisions rather than the child's wish. One of the children from the daycare went to hockey, football and karate. Typical "boy" activities so at least if my son is going to have that many activities soon I hope at least that he wants to go to for instance dancing or something that is not so male /sports oriented...

Inga kommentarer: