torsdag 26 februari 2009

Mad Monarchy

On Tuesday the newspapers and TV here were filled with the BIG news that the crown princess of Sweden Viktoria was engaged to Daniel Westling, her personal trainer of seven years. The news was apparently so big that it demanded a ten-page-spread in the major newspaper DN http://www.dn.se/ as well as several reports on TV. I seriously cannot believe it. Of course I am happy for them, in the name of love, but who needs a monarchy? I want to vote for the people who lead my country and not let them inherit their titles. And a royal wedding costs millions and people were even crying in the streets of Stockholm because they were so happy Viktoria was finally going to marry- why? I know my grandmother would be very upset if she read this as she loved royalty but I am going to join the organisation against monarchy here where my colleague is the president as I firmly believe that we need to abolish the monarchy!

Inga kommentarer: